Welcome guest blogger, Richard Luck http://www.richardaluck.com/videos/1722/
Hey, Richard here….
I’d like to give you today some quick ways you can give yourself an Instant “Mood Boost!”
Because there’s no doubt about it…
Just by making the smallest changes, and taking as little as 5 minutes from your day you could be surprised with the difference it can make. It doesn’t have to be anything outlandish, just something you wouldn’t normally consider doing!
Here are some tips to help give you that “quick mood boost” and can be done whenever you’re feeling out of sorts with the world or feeling a little down…
If you have 5 minutes to spare you can:
– Take out your daily goal planner and write something down that you already completed today and cross it straight off the list
– Take the weight off your feet and eat one of your 5 daily portions of fruit or vegetables.
– Look at yourself in the mirror and pull as many different funny faces as you can in 5 minutes
– Read the comics in the daily paper
– Take a quick shower or at least splash your face with water
– Use some of that expensive perfume or cologne that you bought for special occasions.
If you have 15 minutes to spare you can:
– De-clutter your desk or an area of your home
– Treat yourself to a moisturizing mask
– Change into a favorite piece of clothing and admire yourself
– Do a few quick and easy exercises or stretches
– Read a few pages of a book or magazine you enjoy
– Make yourself a big fresh fruit smoothie, sit down and enjoy it
– Make a list of all the people you haven’t been in touch with in a while and schedule a time to call each of them
– Write down what you have enjoyed doing so far during the day in your journal
– Find a comfortable spot, close your eyes and enjoy the silence, sound of rain or chirping birds
If you have 30 minutes spare you can:
– Call someone you haven’t talked with in a while and catch up on all the gossip you missed
– Use your computer to look for ideas for your summer vacation
– Take a soak in a tub full of your favorite bubbles or bath salts
– Listen to your favorite CD
– Go to your local store and treat yourself
– Go for a walk and say hello to everyone you meet
– Turn off the TV, phone and anything else that could disturb you and sit down and meditate or just enjoy peace and quiet for a half-hour
– Plan a quiet romantic meal
– Write a letter to someone special and mail it
– Discover a new recipe on the Internet and plan to cook it for dinner
– Replace any old photographs you have in frames with more updated pictures
There you go…I’m all out!
What do you do when you feel the need to boost your mood? Please share….